Nutrition Tips - Products
Do you really know how to pick your supplement? Let's see some tips for choosing nutrition product.
Apart from nutritional label, you are suggested to consider Informed-Choice! (One of the certification mark) Let’s see what it is!
Informed-Choice is a quality assurance program to certify that all nutritional supplements and/or ingredients bear the Informed-Choice logo have been tested for banned substances by the world class sports anti-doping lab, LGC (Laboratory of the Government Chemist).
LGC is a world-renowned sports doping control and research laboratory, with over 50 years of expertise in anti-doping in sport. LGC has published over 300 scientific papers on methods for detection of trace levels of substances that are prohibited in sport. LGC has been testing supplements and ingredients on behalf of reputable manufacturers and suppliers for over 10 years.
The Informed-Choice certification process includes but not limited to:
1. Product evaluation including formulation, label claims, nutritional labeling, contaminant testing, etc.
2. Raw material evaluation at each production site
3. Review of accreditations held by the manufacturing and packing facility, such as Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
4. Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) review for raw material storage, packaging, equipment cleaning, staff training, etc.
5. Raw material supplier assessment
Therefore, the Informed-Choice logo on a product can be assured it has undergone rigorous checks and ensured it is high and clear quality for us and allowed athletes to make informed choices about the products they choose to use. Let’s try to add this point for your consideration to choose nutrition product.