Made with pure whey isolate, egg white protein, and whole grain oat flour, WHEYCAKES™ are pancakes and waffles made better! Ready to eat with the addition of just water + heat, a serving of WHEYCAKES™ packs in up to 6 times more protein, fewer than half the carbs, and up to 80% less sugar than traditional pancake mixes. All-day breakfast just got WHEY better!
Directions For R1 Whey Cakes:
LIGHT & FLUFFY WHEY PROTEIN PANCAKES
- STEP 1: Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium flame. If using an electric griddle, warm to 375 F. Pan is hot enough when a drop of water sizzles and immediately disappears off the surface.
- STEP 2: Add one scoop of WHEYCAKES and 2 ounces of water (use slightly more liquid for thinner pancakes) to a small bowl. Mix with a fork until well combined. Don not overmix. Batter should be slightly lumpy. Let stand for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- STEP 3: Pour batter onto the warm pan or griddle. Each serving yields 1 large or 2-3 smaller WHEYCAKES. Cook until bubbles on the top side begin to pop. Flip and continue cooking until bottom is golden brown. (about 1-2 minutes per side).
- STEP 4: Enjoy immediately, while hot & fresh. OPTIONAL: Top WHEYCAKES with grass-fed butter, fresh berries, peanut butter, jam, and/or reduced-sugar syrup.
HEARTY WHEY PROTEIN WAFFLES
- STEP 1: Heat up your waffle iron
- STEP 2: Prepare WHEYCAKES mix as you would for thick protein pancakes (outlined above)
- STEP 3: Pour batter into hot iron and cook until waffles are golden brown
- STEP 4: Enjoy immediately. If desired, top with grass-fed butter and reduced-sugar syrup.
To preserve freshness, store this container tightly closed some place cool and dry.